The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Merit's Cupcakes and Smash Cake

Merit's Smash Cake


Sharon came over the Friday before Merit's party and helped me decorate and design Merit's Smash cake and cupcakes. I had the idea in my head but needed someone else to confirm and brainstorm with me. Sharon is so talented and graciously offered to come help me. Alicia couldn't make it in town until late Friday night and normally she would be the one I'd call on. I think everything turned out great! I bought cute race cars for the center of each cupcake. We iced the cupcakes with chocolate icing and then used white icing to make the road stripes. Sharon had the wonderful idea of coloring coconut green to look like grass. For Merit's cake I made an Organic oil free cake and iced it with homemade Organic chocolate icing. We cut out one of the Merit Motor Speedway crests and used a toothpick to post it behind a red corvette. We then cut out two sets of racing flags to go on either side of the corvette. I was so happy with the way everything turned out! Thank you Sharon for all of your help and great ideas!

No comments: