The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Lemon Bar Brownies


Ms. Brenda loves lemon bars and normally I make them for her on special occasions. I decided this time I would make her something like a lemon bar but a tad different. So, I searched for recipes and came across this one on Pinterest. The budding baketress titled the recipe, Cakey Lemon Bar Brownies. They have just the right amount of lemon to make them resemble a lemon bar but to also make them noticeably unique. My modifications for this recipe include:
1/4 cup softened coconut oil + 1/4 cup softened butter instead of 1/2 cup butter
 I also used a tad more lemon zest in both the brownie and the icing.
Ms. Brenda absolutely loved these and told me she ate every one of them in just 2 days! I'll definitely be making this recipe again!

No comments: