The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Cute Turkey Cookies!

I saw this idea for a turkey cookie on Pinterest but the person used chocolate Oreo cookies and whoppers or Reese's peanut butter cups. I decided it would be even cuter to use the vanilla Oreos. I had caramels at the house leftover from Halloween and decided the caramels would make a good head for the turkeys. I think they turned out really great! Merit had so much fun helping me make these treats. We packaged them up and gave one to each of his friends at Ms. Brenda's house. We attached a "thankful" verse and a little note to each cookie package. Merit insisted on carrying the cookies into Brenda's by himself. He was so proud as he handed Brenda the cookies. He said, "my friends are going to love these Mommy!" I don't think my baking efforts have ever been so rewarding!
 

No comments: