The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

First Time Spending the Night Away from Mommy & Daddy!

Merit has been asking for quite some time now if he can spend the night with Mimi sometime soon. Mimi of course couldn't wait for this to happen! When I told Merit that we had decided he could spend the night with my mom he was beyond excited. He immediately started gathering all of his things. There were a ton of items he wanted to bring with him. He packed, lady bug pillow, bear pillow, both snuggies, dinosaur blanket, blue blanket, 10 cars, and a few movies. Really it looked like he was going to be moving in with Mimi. It was hilarious. He was so happy on the way there. Mommy & Daddy both took him. :) I have to be honest and admit that I was fighting back the tears as I was helping him pack his things and on the ride over to my mom's place. It was truly bittersweet. I was really filled with joy because he wasn't scared or hesitant to spend the night away from home, but I was also sad because it was such a reality to me that he is really growing up. So, we drove away and discussed where to eat and what movie to watch. We had a nice evening at home, just the two of us, with no distractions. I think we will definitely be doing this again soon! :)
 

No comments: