The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Monday, November 8, 2010

First Lab Work Results!

The doctor asked me to come back for blood work six days after starting the Gleevec. We were praying that there would be some difference and that the levels would be lower. What a blessing that my wonderful sister, Alicia was in town. She and Merit went with me to have my blood drawn. They couldn't give me the results that day because the lab was closing. They called the next day to tell me the results. God is so good! My white blood cell count went from 46,000 to 22,000 and my platelets went from 880 to 750. The doctor was pleased with my results and told me she'd see my in one week again. Wow! I couldn't wait to share the results with my family and friends! I am surrounded by prayer warriors and the prayers are being answered! I have had minimal side effects. I've been able to go to work every day feeling good, work out in the evening, cook dinner and spend great times with JP and Merit. What an answer to our prayers! Praying that the next lab report is good too!

No comments: