The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Prayers Are Being Answered!

Prayer Warriors,
Wow! I stand amazed this morning at the works of His hands! God is so good and He is truly at work in my life. I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon. They took blood and then I waited for the results. The doctor shared some pretty phenomenal results with me. My white blood cell count has gone from 46,000 to 12,000 and my platelets have gone from 880 to 550 in only two weeks of being on the medicine. The doctor could not stop smiling as she was sharing the results with me. She told me that patients who achieve these kind of results so quickly are usually the ones who reach Complete Molecular Remission. She doesn't need to see me for another two weeks since I am doing so well. On December 13th she is going to go ahead and test to see if I am entering Complete Molecular Remission. Keep praying!!! The next thing that happened gives me chills each time I tell the story. Dr. Juturi is Indian and I have had no indication from her that she is a Christian. She pushed her chair away from the computer and said, "Talk to me Charissa, you have to tell me how it is that you have such peace, calmness and even joy during all of this. From the time I told you that I needed to do a bone marrow biopsy to the day that I shared with you and JP the news of your diagnosis, you have remained peaceful. Every time you come to my office you are smiling, happy and so jubilant." These comments from the doctor completely caught me off guard and I really couldn't believe it! So...I shared with her my love for our Lord and Savior. I told her that he had given me peace because I know I am in His hands and that He will take care of me. I then shared with her that my family and I have been through quite a few storms in the past two years and that He had been seeing us through these storms. He has given me joy and happiness despite my circumstances. I told her that instead of asking God, "why?" I have asked him, "for what purpose?". Maybe this storm is going to make my faith and JP's faith stronger, or maybe He is telling us to count our blessings and not worry about all of the little things in life. Or, maybe I can serve as an encouragement to others who are experiencing health issues. She got tears in her eyes and said that she had never been around anyone like me before. She then went on to say that she wanted to be around me more. I am so very humbled that God trusted me to share the good news of Jesus Christ with her. I appreciate all of you praying and checking on me throughout the past few weeks. Please continue to pray. I am praying for Dr. Juturi and her family. The seed has been planted!

No comments: