The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bone Marrow Biopsy Done & Update

Thank you so much for your prayers, phone calls and text messages. I feel incredible blessed to have to many people praying for me and my health. The bone marrow biopsy went very well. It was quite longer and more painful then I remembered but that is a good thing that I didn't remember exactly what it was like. :) I went in with a great attitude and was not dreading the test at all. I brought some wonderful scriptures with me on paper and written on my heart. Some of you sent me some great scriptures too and I appreciate that. Dr. Jurturi told my mom that I was a woman of great faith. What a compliment! I'm so thankful that I have had the opportunity to get to know her and share my faith with her. It's amazing how God works through his children. I read the scriptures aloud as she was performing the biopsy. :) She gave me some wonderful news too! She said that her purpose for doing the test was that in this last year since my diagnosis two other drugs have been developed and are being used with incredible success. She said that she wants to make sure she is doing all she can to get me to remission. The bone marrow test will give her a complete picture of where I stand and then she will know if I should continue taking Gleevec or try one of the knew drugs. The biopsy results will be back in 1 - 2 weeks. I will send out an email when I receive them. Thank you again so much for the prayers! Keep them coming!

Love,
Charissa

No comments: