The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

DIY - Glitter Shoes!

My weekend DIY project was to take a pair of boring black ballet flats and turn them into beautiful red glitter ballet flats. Sparkly red shoes remind me of the Christmas and I can't wait to wear these during the holidays! However, they might make some want to say, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home." This was an easy and inexpensive project. You could do this with many different styles of shoes and use any color glitter you like!

You will need:
one bottle of glitter
Elmer's Glue All - it is stronger and much thicker then regular school glue
Clear Acrylic Gloss Coating spray



See, kind of boring to me. I like black but I have another pair of black.


Lookin' good! This is how they looked after I glued on the glitter.


This is my shoes after I sprayed them with two coats of clear sealant. I bought the clear acrylic gloss coating from Hobby Lobby for around $3. I put two good coats on them because I don't want the glitter to fall off. I can safely say they seem to be very durable because my son proceeded to try to put them on tonight when I wasn't looking. He stood on them and I didn't see any glitter remains on the floor. :) Total project cost, $9!

No comments: