The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Beautiful Valentines Devotional!

God's Conversation Hearts
A Valentines Devotional
Julia Bettencourt

"…blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it." Luke 11:28


I've always loved those candy conversation hearts at Valentine's. The New England Confections Company, otherwise known as Necco, says that conversation hearts are the most popular of Valentine's candy. I read the history of the candy on the Necco website and it was quite interesting how the sayings being printed on the candy got started. Can you believe that the concept behind conversation hearts was started back when Abraham Lincoln was president?

I like the taste of those little hearts and it's one of those childhood candies that give sweet memories. I also like them to decorate cupcakes and cookies with. What I like best I guess is those little sayings. "Kiss me!" "Be Mine" "Be True". I know today they say a few different things than the ones I grew up with.

Did you know that God sends us conversation hearts too? The things He left in His Word were left for us because He loves us. Each conversation heart from God is sweet to the taste. We just don't sometimes read or pay attention to them.

Here are some of my favorites…

BE MINE - God wants us to accept His love.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

ALL MINE - God loves us and will keep us.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one. John 10:27-30

TRUE LOVE - God loves us with true love as only He can.
I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

LOVE ME - God wants us to love Him.
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. Luke 10:27

I'M SURE - God's sure of His love and wants us to know we have a future with Him.
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:1-3

SWEET TALK - God's Word is His love letter to us.
How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Psalm 119:103

BE GOOD - God tells us how to love Him back.
If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15

FAX ME - God loves us so much He wants to communicate with us.
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3

Conclusion:
There's more conversation hearts that the Lord left for us to see His love through. We just have to dig into His Word to find them.

So, have you missed out on God's conversation hearts?


Copyright ©2001-2010 Julia Bettencourt
Scripture References are from the King James Version.
www.juliabettencourt.com

No comments: