The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

More Valentines & Crayons Too!

I made an "I love you" Valentine for Merit to hold in pictures. We sent the pictures in our homemade Valentine cards to all of our many family members.


So adorable!


Making more heart Valentines with candy hearts. Merit loved doing this!


We made heart shaped crayons thanks to Pinterest!


It was so easy and so much fun!



Look how pretty they are!





Our gift for Ms. Brenda; pretty framed verse and I embellished the frame with a small felt flower. She loved it!


We used a heart shaped silicone mold that we bought at Walmart. I think it was $3. We bought crayons and I already had some cute Valentine gift bags leftover from last year. I put all of the pretty reds, yellows, pinks and oranges together for this batch. For the other batch I used greens, blues, and purples. An easy way to unwrap the crayons is to slit the paper with a sharp knife. Obviously the kiddos can't help with this part. Then put the colors you want together in a Ziploc bag and break them up. I used a hammer but a mallet might work as well. I saw several different variations of this recipe as far as oven temperature and time. I set the oven at 200 degrees and left them on there for 15 minutes. I checked after 10 minutes and some of the larger pieces had not melted yet. After I took them out of the oven I let them harden for about 2 hours and they popped right out. Beautiful!

No comments: