The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

More Great News!

I went to the doctor this week for blood work. It has been two weeks since my last visit. My numbers were excellent once again! Praise the Lord! My platelets are completely normal and my white blood cells are a little on the low side. Dr. Juturi is going to keep a close watch on it. If the white cell count goes any lower then she will look at either taking me off of the Gleevec for a few days or lowering the dosage. I know she will make a good decision as to what is best for me; I am praying that God gives her wisdom and knowledge. Dr. Juturi and I had another great conversation too! She asked me about whether or not we would like to have children in the future. The Gleevec causes birth defects so you are advised not to get pregnant while taking it. So...I was able to share with her God's perfect timing in bringing Merit to us when he did. Merit was a surprise and JP was so worried about not having enough money and not being prepared for a baby. He thought he was too young to be a dad. But...once again, God knew what he was doing. He knew that I would get CML and that I might not be able to have children once on this medication. He gave us Merit and what a perfect gift at just the right time in our lives! God is so good. He always knows what is best for His children. Dr. Juturi really liked hearing my story and she smiled over and over again as I shared this with her. She referred to God as "my God", so I am still not sure as to her beliefs. I am sure of one thing though, God definitely has a purpose for what I am going through. Thank you friends and family for your prayers. Please continue to pray for Complete Molecular Remission. The test was run to check for this and I will know the results in a few days.

No comments: