The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Latest Doctor Visit

I went to see Dr. Juturi, my Oncologist on Monday of this week. My numbers were good. My white cell count went up by 1 full point and Dr. Juturi was thrilled. We had a great conversation about our faith. She told me that she is a believer and she does pray but that she doesn't think she has the same relationship and faith as I do. She explained that she prays to God and asks Him for strength and wisdom when she is in need. She went on to say that there are many things she doesn't pray for because she believes God already has a plan and she can't change it by praying. So, I told her that I pray for the needs my family has and that I believe He will provide for us. I have faith that He knows what is best for our family and that He will work all things out for us. He is good and He loves us. Anyway, I look forward to many more conversations with Dr. Juturi. We have built a wonderful relationship and God is truly working in our lives. Thank you friends and family for continuing to pray for me and my doctor.

2 comments:

Mindee said...

You are truly amazing!! What an encouragement you are!! I know that God is smiling on his daughter for all you are doing to spread HIS love!
Love you!!

Sappington said...

Glad to here your good report Charissa! So blessed by how you have relied upon the Lord and shared your faith through this process.