The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

BBQ Chicken in the crock pot

This is one of our family favorites! You can use this BBQ chicken to make tasty sandwiches or quesadillas.
 
1 bag of frozen chicken tenders
1 jar of your favorite BBQ sauce ( I use Kraft Honey BBQ sauce)
1 onion sliced
Half a can of Coke or Dr. Pepper
 
Thaw the chicken tenders first. Sometimes I just take the bag out of the freezer and let it sit out for a bit. Or, if I'm in a hurry then I place the frozen tenders in a large bowl in the sink and run luke warm water over them until they are thawed. Mix all of the ingredients in the crock pot and then add the chicken. I put a good coating of salt and pepper on the chicken too. Usually I let this cook on low for most of the day. By the time I get home from work it is ready. Wonderful! Serves approximately 8, or a family of 4 twice.
 
BBQ Chicken Quesadillas:
 
BBQ chicken cooked in the crock pot
pineapple chunks sliced in half
provolone cheese (I use the light)
Your favorite tortillas!
 
You can assemble these and then use the microwave or you can warm them in the oven. I like my qusadillas to be a tad bit crispy so I use the oven. You will love this tasty and easy dinner!



No comments: