The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Prints on Canvas...easy and inexpensive!

I have a ton of framed pictures in my home. Maybe some would say too many pictures! So, I decided to try something new. I found a blog that had information on how to adhere pictures to canvas. I ended up printing these black and white pictures on my computer at home and I used just bright white paper. First, I used black paint and painted the sides of the canvas black. I then painted a good thick coat of Mod Podge on the canvas and then adhered the picture to the front. You have to be really careful in order to get it smooth without bubbles but it is possible. :) After I smoothed out the bubbles I let it dry. I painted three coats of Mod Podge on top of my picture and made sure I used plenty on the sides too. You can see a picture of the finished product below. They turned out wonderfully! Then I used my two new pictures to make a beautiful collage for my new family room. Lovely!
 
A couple of blogs I used:
 
 
 
 

No comments: