The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday Donuts & Unsuccessful Potty Training


We began our Saturday morning the usual way, with a trip to our favorite local donut shop. Merit gets so excited about this outing. He says, "yuuummy donuts!" He always picks out one of the donuts that has sprinkles on top. Look at his smile. Love it! After we enjoyed donuts we decided to give potty training a try. It didn't go so well. :( I had prepared very well. Check out the pictures. I let Merit pick out some of his favorite treats; candy and things he doesn't get very often. We even bought a few Hot Wheels cars as incentives. So, at the end of day two we decided that Merit is just not quite ready for this stage yet. And, I decided that I'm totally okay with that! Summer is less then two months away and I think he'll be ready by then. :)



 "That's the one I want Mommy, please."

Look at all of these motivating treats! Wow! I'd definitely use the potty to get the candy! Ha!
Cool "Lightning McQueen" potty seat for Merit.

He actually did go on the potty a few times.

And, he received a new car each time he went. Obviously we can't keep this kind of reward system up.

Happy boy! :)

No comments: