The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday Treats!

So, I've declared Thursday as our treat making day. Merit loves taking treats to his friends at Ms. Brenda's house and I love to let him help me in the kitchen. He's a great taste tester! :) I like to try new recipes and tweak them just a bit to make them healthier. We made Puffed Rice Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars. http://www.marthastewart.com/318228/puffed-rice-bars-with-peanut-butter-and
My modifications include: 3 T of light butter instead of 3 T of regular butter. I used whole grain puffed cereal instead of Rice Krispies but I think they would have been even better using Rice Krisipies!  I also used reduced fat peanut butter instead of regular peanut butter. As you can tell from the pics, Merit really enjoyed making these, licking the chocolate off of the spoon and then later, eating them!



Picture courtesty of Martha Stewart, not me. :)

No comments: