The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Our God Reigns!

Today was very rough for me. I woke up with a sore throat again; it seems I can't seem to get rid of this sinus infection. Then JP was called to an early meeting and I had to find someone last minute to get Merit to the CLC. My dear friend, Juls Humphries was nice enough to agree to help me. I planned on leaving early in order to get Merit and all of his things to Juls and when I got in my car it was dead. Arghhh...I got to school on time, thankfully and then Juls sent me a text at 5 'till 8 telling me that she was stuck in traffic. I thought, really, what more could go wrong. I was reminded today that I am not in control, God is. I know that He knew all of these stumbling blocks would be in my way today, yet He had confidence that I could handle it. He is sovereign over all! He gave me the strength and encouragement to not only get through the day but make it a great day! Juls shared my morning trials with the 3rd grade prayer warriors and they prayed for me. I received emails and texts during the day telling me I was being prayed for. I even had more offers for help with Merit! At the end of the day, I was surprised by Mrs. Rudd bringing me a homemade pie and a gift card for dinner. What a blessing to work in a place where we are surrounded by not just Christians but servants too. God is good.

No comments: