The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Taste Testing Mommy's Cookies




Saturday morning I started making treats to give to Merit's teachers and others that help us with our sweet little boy. I put Merit down for his nap, worked out and then started cooking. I decided to make thumbprint cookies filled with raspberry jam and then drizzled with pink, powdered sugar icing. I thought it would look great for Valentine's Day! I also make chocolate cake balls and white chocolate dipped pretzel rods that received a dusting of pink and red sugar crystals. Everything turned out really well. Merit woke up from his nap and I brought him in the kitchen so he could see the cookies I was making. He immediately started signing "more" and I had to let him try just one. He absolutely devoured the cookies and then asked for more. One cookie is enough already, especially since it was before he had lunch!

No comments: