The McLain's

My photo
Our journey began October 2005 when we met in our Single's class at Prestonwood Baptist Church. We were engaged in June 2006 and were married on November 17, 2006. JP works for ROMCO as a Product Support Sales Manager and I will begin teaching part-time for the Dallas International School in August 2011. We have one little boy, Merit Cross. God has truly blessed our family.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chocolate Covered Cherry Filled Brownies

What do you do with a huge box of chocolate covered cherries??? Well, I was determined to find something to do with them other then just eat them. So, I baked up a batch of yummy chocolate covered cherry brownies. The recipe I used for the brownie batter is below. Mix up the batter and pour half of the batter in a prepared 8 x 8 baking dish. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Take out of the oven and place chocolate covered cherry halves on the batter. I think I cut 12 in half and that was enough to cover the batter. Then pour the rest of the batter on top of the cherries and bake for about 15 minutes. Total baking time should be no longer then 30 minutes. These brownies were delicious!!! 



My modifications include: 1/4 cup light butter melted instead of oil,
3/4 cup of white whole wheat flour (King Arthur's is the best!) instead of white flour,
I did not use any nuts of chocolate chips because they really aren't needed. :)



No comments: